SHIFT LEAD JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: General Manager or Assistant Manager
Purpose of Job
To create positive memories for all who touch DQ and OJ. To assist the General Manager (GM) and Assistant Manager(s) in executing specific aspects of the restaurant operations during scheduled shifts. To set high standards and create a great environment for the team to work. Must be able to perform all job functions of each crew position, including customer service, product preparation, cash accountability, drive-thru and back-line food preparation.
- Strive for operational levels that meet or exceed the DQ Fan’s expectations in the areas of quality, service and atmosphere, creating value through an excellent experience and a fair price.
- Assist in the management of specific areas of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Accurately complete designated duties such as inventory control, ordering of products and cash control.
- Ensure that all PRIDE systems and routines are part of the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, setting each scheduled shift up for success.
- Ensure that Fan service meets or exceeds company standards. Handle more routine customer complaints, taking prompt and appropriate action to resolve the problem and ensure that each dissatisfied customer becomes a return Fan. Make the determination when to report to the management team on more serious complaints.
- Understand the importance of speed of service and resolve bottlenecks in work flow.
- Build relationships with return or preferred patrons.
Team Member Leadership
- Accomplish store objectives by assisting the GM and Assistant Manager(s) with training and coaching crew members to build a highly skilled and productive team.
- As appropriate and when necessary, get work done through the delegation of tasks to other restaurant team members.
- Role model and enforce policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the restaurant is properly organized and staffed as designated by written schedules created by restaurant management, through proper job assignments, break rotation and the delegation of tasks during both peak and non-peak periods.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant staff to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate, which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale, productivity and efficiency.
Health and Safety Standards
- ServSafe® certified or approved equivalent.
- Ensure that proper hand washing, product rotation procedures, and temperature logging are visible and active behaviors. Role model and enforce safe food handling practices.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by following and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures, complying with health and legal regulations and maintaining security systems or routines.
- Understand how to react in the event of an emergency such as a workers compensation accident, a robbery, etc.
- Bring useful ideas to management about how to attract new Fans and increase restaurant sales by following established marketing promotions and activities.
- May contribute to the execution of the restaurant’s business plan through specific job assignments and projects as determined by the restaurant management team.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the management team.
- Minimum 6+ months of high volume quick service restaurant experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be capable of supervising specific areas of the business in a fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge and application of safe food handling practices.
- ServSafe® certified or approved equivalent.
- Ability to pass shift leadership program.
- Customer focus – strong hospitality and customer service skills, enjoys engaging with the customer.
- Trainer and coach – ability to be a strong trainer or coach to others on restaurant routines and systems, as well as how to effectively interact with customers and each other.
- Leadership skills – Ability to motivate other teammates, supervise a particular work area, and set a positive and upbeat store environment.
- Organization and goal focus – must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the capability to oversee one or more aspects of the business in a fast-paced environment. Must be eager to understand the goals that are set for the business, and take the right actions to help achieve and even exceed these goals.
- Technical – proficiency with computers and with Point of Sale systems.
- Flexibility and adaptability -willingness to follow directions and a commitment to meet DQ and OJ standards in all you do.
- Integrity-does the right thing even when no one is looking, honest, earns trust of others.
Must have ability to:
- Perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
- Work in and out of different temperature ranges.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work around nuts and other allergens.